Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday

Its Friday, one of my least favorite days. Tomorrow is Saturday and all of the working folks will be back on the roads. I do my best to hang around home on the weekends. Let the working people have the roads. Won't be long until its Monday again and Teri and I can go about our fun times running around.
A couple of weeks ago I started a list of 10 things I wanted/needed done on the GMC before we take off toward Quartzsite. Today we checked off number 9 and part of 10. We dropped the house batteries out of the coach. That is no easy chore and it takes both of us. I take the fender liners out first. Then unhook the batteries and tie somthing on them from the top side. Teri holds the rope and I fish the 50 pound critters out and down through the wheel openings. It is a chore. Next week we will run to Cape and get 4 new 6 volt deep cycle batteries. We will shove them back and up into their resting places. 2 on the driver's side and 2 on the passenger's side, up in front of the front wheels, under the hoods. That should have us ready for the 1800 mile, one way, trip. Then a few weeks out in the desert with only the sun to keep them charged.
We were lucky enough last night to keep our 3 year old grandson, Rylan. He is such a fun kid to have around. We, he and I, took the coach out today for gasoline and lp gas. He was 10 feet tall sitting in his preotective child's seat in the passenger seat. He loved looking out the windows, searching for Mustang cars. He and his older brother love Mustangs. Every little bit he would hollar, "make it go fast grandpa". We had a ball.
Well, if you are working, enjoy the weekend. If you are retired, hang on, Monday is coming.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home