Sunday, January 31, 2010

Friends

Look who showed up this afternoon. Just when I thought we were rid of Doug, he pulled in. Just kidding. We had a great week with Doug and Irene over in Quartzsite. They had a few issues after we parted ways also. A flat was the biggest one that they dealt with. Most of the tire shops in Quartzsite were closed. It was Saturday afternoon. He found one open but they said it would be an extra 15 bux since it was Saturday afternoon. They had him and knew it. He paid just as I did for the tow. Not good advertizement for Quartzsite buisnesses. Actually, the towing company is from Parker.
We had a great two hour visit with Doug and Irene this afternoon. I am so glad they decided to stop after they heard about or problems. Just like GMC owners. All of them offer whatever assistance they can when one has problems.

Doug and Irene left about 530 pm. They were heading up over the Grapevine before finding a park for the night. Then on home north of the Bay area tomorrow. Thanks for stopping guys.
Teri and I attended church services tonight. Very friendly group and we have been invited to a couple's home for a visit. Life is good here.
I have a comment that blogger won't let me post. Not sure what the problem is. Will keep trying. It was about my comment on the smog here. I learned it was not smog, just haze. No smog in the winter.
Wow, I was out looking at the snow covered mountains behind us again this afternoon. I wish the camera could capture the beauty that our ey sees. That just can not happen. Those mountains are very beautiful. 2 years ago we caught the GMC on fire going over them. That was probably my fault. They sure are much prettier when you are just looking at them and not climbing them with a coach towing a car.
Tomorrow is Monday. After we wash clothes we will do some sight seeing. Hang around. I hope to have good pictures.
Dan


2 Comments:

At February 1, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Wally and Sue said...

I hope the engine issue is not a big deal to fix. Satellite view on APRS shows a park with four baseball diamonds directly to the north of MGM's shop. I'd like to see what they have going at the lowider shop and how they arrange hydraulics.

 
At February 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM , Blogger GMCS 4 US said...

Hey Dan & Teri.... Just got in from the ranch and read about all your troubles :( Hope everything works out for you guys. Let us know if we can do anything for you. Hope to see you again soon. }{ugggssss K&B

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home