Friday, January 29, 2010

Our Last Cookout

Our plans are to pull out of here in the morning. We had good friends stop by for a visit this morning.
The car show was pretty much of a let down. It does not start until tomorrow but most cars are parked. We took a few shots this afternoon.


I remember my first ride in one of these, and only, back in 1973. This one has a big block. I was scared to death with a 289.




Some old cars and old campers.
















63 VW pulling a camper. Today was the owner's 83rd birthday. He bought the VW new.







Even a well preserved GMC was in the show. A friend of our's owns this one.









































57 Nomad. I happened to be wearing my Nomad shirt today.












Nice 55 ht.












Teri working on insulation for the GMC this afternoon.















This is a reflection.














The real thing.

















The GMC has thge Vibe all hooked and ready to go. I hope it will go. Our noise in the engine came back tonight then left again. I have a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil in it now. Pray hard for us to have an uneventful trip Saturday.

Thanks for checking on us. Teri, Doug, and Irene are playing dominoes. I am sitting out here by the fire as I put up the blog. And, I am the one that hates camp fires.
WD0AFQ will be running tomorrow as we head east. ride with us if you have time.
Dan

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home