Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Wild Night

I went to bed about midnight. There was some guy riding his 4 wheeler back and forth in front of our coach. He was hollaring like a drunken Indian or something. I never heard the cowboys. this went on for an hour. Then, I heard it stop, suddenly. Then the drunken screaming began again, just no 4 wheeler. At 2 am I thought I heard a bear in our camp. I got up and it was Doug. I thought he was sleep walking so I went back to bed. this morning he has a wild story to tell.
It seems what I thought was a drunken Indian was just that. He wrecked his 4 wheeler and layed there screaming. He finally dragged himself to a motohome door, but the lady would not open it. She called the cops. An ambulance hauled the guy away. A wrecker took his 4 wheeler, and the guy was indeed drunk. The cops wrote him a driving while intoxicated ticket as the ambulance hauled him away. Doug saw it all. This truly is the wild west.
This morning I am sitting in Doug's jeep waiting on the girls to find all of the bargains. This afternoon we have 8 geocaches marked to locate. It must be 75 degrees out here. Can't wait to find a shady spot behind one of these big cactie.
Hope all is well with yall. Come on back tonight for the rest of our story.
Dan

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Aren't you glad you don't drink!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home