Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Super Sunday Afternoon

Teri and I got up early, for us, and headed to church services. Hit a swap meet after we got out then came on back home. Teri wanted to do some internet work but I wanted outside. Perfect sun shiny day here. So, I headed back to town. My first stop, the candy store. Teri gave me some money, big mistake. Look what I bought. that is a 5 pound bag of mandms. I have never seen so many, 4 bux. Of course I bought the other candy for Teri, that was 3 bux. That kept me out of the dog house. HAd to take this picture for our friend Rob, the singer sewing machine man. 400 dollars.

These are just old wheels. I have a friend in Virden, NM. that has a lot of these. I have been unable to figure out what they are worth. Maybe we will just list them on ebay and see what they bring. He also has two old Model A Ford radiators with the stainless, or chrome, frames. Hopefully we can get the stuff sold for him when we return to eastern Az.
This is no Volkswagen.




Take a look at the bad boy. That is a full size Chevy v-8. 14,000 or best offer.




All of these are for sale.



4 of them from 11,5 to 16000. Nice looking old rigs. Can't wait for the big car show this coming weekend.















Look what I found out in the desert. I spent a good part of this afternoon driving around looking for these coaches. There are some others just parked out in the desert like us. I was handing out parts catalogs for Applied GMC in Fremont. Have been relieved of several this week.








Home made trailer from Boseman, Mt. Excellent job.










Here is another one. As most know I rarely meet a stranger. I am not afraid to walk up to any rv and start talking with the owner. I have met this fella before and he is a great guy, as was the owner of the blue and white 23 footer. You will notice the solar arrays on both. They have less panels than we do but they tilt their's, I don't. I hate crawling up on the roof so I just put an extra panel up to compensate for not tilting during the winter months. Our's are working very well. We were here for over a week before I ever fired a generator up. After the storms I thought I needed to run some gas through so I have run both the Onan and the Kipor a little, just exercizing them a bit. I could get rid of the coach mounted Onan as we rarely ever use it even though we dry camp a good bit.

A good solar setup will work. A poorly set up system will not work.
That's all folks. We are headed back for evening services in a few minutes. I better make myself a little more presentable.
Thanks for coming. We plan some geocaching this week.
Dan










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home