Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Geocaching California

Animal abandonment. Blow up the picture. Teri could have been fined 1000.00 if she had left me. 9 years ago I posed at this same sign. Teri and I were on a date. That is Teri in there. We overslept but did get going in time to have a great day in California. Geocaching is a great way to explore areas and see the off the beaten path stuff.
See, just look at this. One fat coon left these prints just before we got to this cache.


Teri's second find of the day in Blythe.



That is Teri in there again.
Hey, have you ever looked at someone's side profile while checking out at a Kmart and think you know the person? I mean like we are 1800 miles from home. The guy I think I know is 1200 miles from his home in Walla Walla, Wa. I looked at Teri as I grabbed the fella's shoulder. She nearly had a stroke. I was bigger than the guy so no sweat. Guess what, it was Teri's uncle. I knew it. He and his wife were hit by the tornado last week in Blythe while towing their 5th wheel. Flipped them. They are getting everything out of the 5th wheel today as it is totaled. The truck will drive home.





Here is my girl at another cache. We did 8 caches today and found 7. One was gone.





Yep, there she is again. Teri was a busy girl today. I plot them on the internet, which we take with us. She loads them into the handheld. When I get her there out she goes. Finds them almost every time.






I took this one for my grandson Colsyn. He is a real cowboy. His mom dosen't show him the blog so I will when we get home. He will like this.
Most of you serious rv ers will know what this is. It is my spare. My maserator is busted again. I am getting tired of this every year. This time I won't rebuild the unit that is broken but will use my spare. I robbed parts from it last year and am glad I replaced them. Tomorrow this one will go on the black tank. Without it we can not eliminate what needs eliminating. I am using quick disconnects this time just in case I have to do this again. Our good friends Doug and Irene have arrived. Doug has a fire going and the girls are cooking supper. I am no boy scout and do not like camp fires so I am inside writing the blog.
Teri and I had a great day. We love sharing with you and hope you enjoy our travels. If you check the wd0afq-1 tracker for today you will see every place we traveled today.
Thanks for coming by today.
Dan









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home