Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Things First

Well, we had a chore waiting for us this morning. The maserator had to be replaced with our spare. This is about the 3rd or 4th time this thing has given me trouble. I don't think I will rebuild this one. We will probably buy a new one and carry it as a spare. I don't cary many spare parts but this is a must. When it stops working there are things that back up, if you know what I mean. Doug and Irene Norton are with us now. This morning I took Doug to show him these neat old cars that a fella here in Quartzsite keeps. The car show starts Friday. They are already rolling in. I can't wait.
The girls went to the craft show while Doug and I looked around at these old cars. Must be over 100 this fella has.



I am not sure that I have ever seen a 55 2 door hard top Olds before. Here is one on the car hauler behind a chopped Stude.


I took this picture for my good friend Dave Greenburg. It is not a 48 but it is a Packard.





Who knows what this is?




Do you rmember these 60 models rolling around? Great looking Buick.






The girls were good today so Doug and I took them out into the desert geocaching.







Here is Doug. The girls re hid the thing to see if he could find it.








If you pop this picture up you can see three souls atop this mountain. One of them is not me. I stay in the vehicle with internet and plot the next treasure hunt.










Our last find of the day.
Once the sun drops behind the mountains it gets cool out here. Doug took us for a real ride in his Jeep coming home. I was about sick when we finally pulled into the coaches. I might take the Vibe tomorrow. That way I am in control of where we go and how fast.
We have several more caches to find tomorrow. Ride with us if you can.
Dan










2 Comments:

At January 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM , Blogger newyorker said...

Thanks for allowing me to ride along..

 
At January 28, 2010 at 5:26 AM , Blogger RICK said...

Dan, been trying to get logged in for a couple of weeks. Finally.

Looks like some of those spots are rattle snake country.

Suppose to get 5-10 inches of snow here tonight and Friday.

Rick: KC0KL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home