Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And Then There Was Snow

We are about 3600 ft. above sea level here. Yesterday we got rain all day. At 4,000 ft. it was snow. It was really neat this morning to look around in a 360 degree circle and see snow all the way around us. I had my camera but there was no way I could get a picture that would even come close to showing the beauty. Halfway back from the post office I could see it all the way around. We are in a hole here, if 3600 ft. can be considered a hole. Such a pretty sight and the sun was out just glistening off the shiny clean snow.
Well, our tow check was in the mail today. I was glad to see it. Signed it and it went straight to the bank, in Mo, via US mail. Pray that it arrives safely. I wish I could deposit it as fast as I saw a check come out of there last week. How can one write a check in one state and have it withdrawn the following day, in Mo? Wow, that was fast. When I was a kid in college I lived in Arkansas, my bank was in Mo. I knew on Wednesday I could write a check and it would not hit the bank before Saturday when I was there making a deposit. Not today. When it leaves our hand it is a goner.
Wednesday ride with us to Tucson. WD0AFQ-1 on the tracker. Our oldest grandchild, Kelsey, is riding her horse in a big parade in Tucson on Thursday morning. I sure hope it is warm. Teri and I are staying the night with Kathy and Carl tomorrow. That will get us up and to the early morning parade in time.
We will have parts here waiting on us Thursday so I can hopefully finish the things on the coach. I think I have the time consuming things finished. We may take it out for a test weekend on the road Friday. May be dry camping, which we are prepared for.
Hope everyone's week is going well. We are enjoying our time here in Eastern Az. Won't be long til we head out across Tx. for the Houston area. I am pretty excited as Jim and Grace Kanomata hope to meet up with us in Lordsburg. We will travel I-10 across the state. I have never done this part of Texas so it will be new territory for us.
Check on us Wednesday and Thursday if you have time. For the GMC folks, I put a bunch of pictures on the photo site, this afternoon, of our stay at Miguel's.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home