Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday, Wash Day

This might be a place I need to check out before we leave here. Oh well, I can always get a job when we get home. Today was the day for washing. When I was a child my grandparents washed on Monday. Before I started school I was always there to help them. Those were very memorable days for a little kid. I hope our grandkids have some memorable moments from spending time with Teri and me.
We were very fortunate. Found a laundromat not far from Miguel's shop. It was very clean and inexpensive. Teri washed 2 weeks of clothes and got them dried for 7.50. That was a real bargain. Very friendly patrons there that we were with. I got lots of smiles when folks heard me talking. Most of the speaking that I heard was not English. I just smiled back.

Teri was happy to be done. Took a couple of hours. She is my hero.


A Jasper engine being run on the stand before it goes into a coach. We are next on the rack. I need to get in there and help Miguel tomorrow to speed things up. Manny is anxious to get down here with our new engine from Jim K.



Here is the man from Jasper.




Friendly guy who knows Joe Mondello's son out here in Ca. He has the shop here while Joe has a shop in Tn. We will see Joe in April while at Bean Station. He has a GMC coach and is a member of the Dixielanders. Anyway, Mr. Jasper just got back here from the home plant in Indiana. He was not happy with the temps back there, or the snow. He is a Southern California guy, born here.





Ok, a better shot of the mountains that are out our back window. Teri and I drove to Walmart and got this shot. I hope we can drive up one day this week.
Have I ever mentioned our friends on here? Sure I have. Teri and I are the most blessed couple that I know. Last night we went to church and a couple begged us to come eat supper with them tonight. So, hey, I can do that and we did. What a great couple. We had such a great time together. They have insisted that we come stay with them while our coach is on the rack. The lady and Teri have so much in common. The man I have a lot in common. He is from the Phillipines and I enjoy learning things from him. So, I guess when Miguel puts our home up on stilts, we will move about 15 miles down I-15 to their guest room. What can I say other than I am so thankful that so many folks have taken a liking to Teri and me. A potentially bad thing has turned into a great time for us. I am so glad that I did not let that tow truck driver dump our coach in Quartzsite. A quick decision was the correct one. We have added so many new folks to our list of friends. this is great. And, I got to watch Memphis beat LA tonight on tv.
Thanks for hanging around with us. Keep us in your prayers.
Dan






1 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 7:18 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Wow! Glad to see things are working out so well for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home