Friday, February 5, 2010

On The Rack

Today was the day. That Miguel cleaned up the spot real good before we came in. This guy is a worker. We are with the right guy here. With Jim K. helping us with the engine and assorted parts and Miguel doing the work, I have no doubts. An adjuster with Progressive has been treating me like a thief over the telephone. He keeps catching me before I can wake up. When he calls back Teri will tell him to hold then get his number so I can call him on my time frame. I will also tell him I am using a tape recorder too. This guy is getting under my skin and when he denies out tow claim I will go to someone else above him. I hate to do this but I am running out of options. I told my agent today that I am tired of this. If he does not do something we will have a new agent when I get home.
Transmission and final drive coming down and out.


Miguel is so fast I have trouble getting him to slow down for a picture.


Here comes the engine.



Ryan, Miguel's son, is a hard worker also. Takes after his dad in many ways.







Engine is down.





Shiny particles in the oil pan.







Number 1 piston. Look at the gash out of it. Also, the top has some marks where something has been hitting it.









Oooh, not good. The compression ring on number one is gone. Why I lost oil pressure? I do not know. I have not discussed that with Miguel yet.









Ok, I have Holley valve covers. I like the looks. they will not go back on. Look at how short the baffle is. Stock ones are being prepared and I will paint them. The stock ones have a 10 inch baffle. These will go on ebay where I found them.









Check out that decal. Miguel is an authorized Jasper shop. If I had the money I might try one of their rollers.











Oh no, we have no power plant.













Coming out of Auto Zone tonight. Had to get some paint for the oil pan and tappet covers.

Teri and I hit the 99 cent store again tonight. That is a neat place to get some food and a few other things. I have been buying 24 watt flouressant lights, for home, for 59 cents each. That is what we use at our house. Cheap prices. I have 10 going back home with us.
Out to Carl's Jr. for burgers. They were great.
I can not say enough about Miguel and his shop here. We are on the rack but staying right here in our 2nd home as work goes on. Our friends gave us a key to their home but we will stay here as long as we feel good about it. Should we need a place to go, our new friends will be called.
We pulled onto the rack about 11 am. Miguel and Ryan were finished by 3 pm. They let no grass grow under their feet.
Now, yall know what I know. Nothing I could have done to prevent what happened. I change oil every 3,000 miles, using Mobil 1. Just one of those things.
Thank you for hanging with us. There will be a lot more coming so hang around. Have a great weekend.
Dan













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home