Thursday, February 4, 2010

Progress

Here is our friend Gary. He came down with Manny to bring our engine. They pretty much drove all night to get here early this morning. Every time I try to get a shot of the driver he turns around.
Almost got a shot of him here.

Pulling the engine out of the delivery truck. Could not get his face in the picture. This guy tried to grab me out of the shower this morning. He called and gave me an hour's notice. It takes me longer than that to wake up. I was still up at 130 this morning. I am not known as an early riser.




Mission accomplished and they were gone. Very few people have friends like Manny. I am glad he likes Teri and me. Gary is easy to get along with but Manny, that is a different story. Thank you two for giving of yourselves to us today. We won't forget.


After Manny and Gary left Teri wanted to hit another Farmer's Market. This one is really close to where we are staying.




When I walked in and saw these peppers my mouth started watering. We love these farmer's markets. They are very cheap when it comes to prices.









The engine that Jim Kanomata sent with Manny and Gary. They built it for us and did not have time to paint the block.







Teri and I ran after paint and now the block is painted.








Oops. Another one came in on the dreaded hook today.









Need you ask what the problem was? He was on his way home from having a lot of frontend work done when the wheels went "bad". Bearings were not put in properly. He is at the right place now. Miguel will take care of the poor guy who got ripped someplace other than a real GMC Motorhome shop. I know his pain from a few years back.

Well, as I said, we are making progress. We moved from the front of the shop to the rear door this afternoon. Tomorrow morning we go onto the rack. Teri and I are enjoying our time here. Tonight we have another dinner date with our friends from church. Teri was embarrassed that I invited us back over tonight. Hey, I love our new friends. Eating at their place is fun.
Come on back when you have a chance. I promise to keep you updated on our adventure. Teri and I are making memories that only a few couples get to enjoy. Life is good.
Dan










3 Comments:

At February 5, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Looks to me like that guy (on the hook) got "took" big time! I do not see ANY evidence of anyone having performed ANY 'front end work' on that coach.

Too bad!

 
At February 5, 2010 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

By any chance are you having a 403 installed, with maybe 350 heads? Easiest boost in hp!

Don Eddy

 
At February 5, 2010 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Nope, it is a 455 Olds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home