Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Two

Whew. I have never seen it this hot in June. This is unusual for Southeast Missouri. July and August, yes, but not June. the activities outside have to be limited as it gets to 100 by 2-3 pm. It did cool down Monday night from what we had Sunday evening. I slept with no air last night and was very comfortable.

I find that I can relate to these kids. Maybe I have regressed a bit. I know that when my father was my age he really loved kids. I thought he hated kids when I was one, ha. Anyway, after he sold the farm and retired at 50 he began driving a school bus part time. I thought he was nuts. I could never do that. When he passed away I bet we found 1,000 kids' school pictures that he had saved. They were all from those that rode his bus. I still run into grown "kids" now and then that tell me he was their favorite bus driver. Maybe someday a kid will tell my children I was their favorite "bug owner" or something.

Now, this is my favorite kind of grub. We can only get this stuff at camp. I really had one, or two, pieces too many. Oh well, I have cholestrol pills and I take them everyday.

I try to hang with these ladies. they are the ones that fix the grub. Sometimes they do need a taste tester and I try to be right there handy.


My youngest brother's wife, Barb. This is her first year at camp. She has pretty much been a city girl all of her life. Barb came around right away and is having a lot of fun. Her husband is the one doing all of the bellyaching. They have 4 twins here ages 9 and 10. They love camp.
Well, I better roll. Need to get out here and sweat a little so folks will think I have been hard at it. Hate for them to catch me napping in the motorhome.
Yall have a great day. Thanks for checking up on us. All is well on our second day. Tonight I go get our 6 yr old grandson. He will really liven things up. Not letting him bring the gator though.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home