Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Again

Teri and I were pleasantly surprised when our friend Larry stopped by to see us. He lives in Springfield and was in Dexter on buisness. Larry has a 35 ft. GM bus now but used to own a GMC coach. I am sure he will own another GMC one of these days. Thanks Larry for making the time to come see us.

Got the bug all shined up today. It does not take a lot of time to polish the Vdub. I like that. I polished on it til the clouds left then I rested. When clouds came back I polished a little more.
Teri had me help her haul off a bunch of metal today. This included the old Volkswagen doors that we took off the bug and replaced before we painted it. The driveway looks much better now. She made 25 bux that she is planning to use to help defray the cost of church camp for one of our grandsons. Our son in law, Chris, loaned Teri his pickup truck. The place has scales that we drove the truck onto. I want to know the weight of the bug so I know now where to go. I can run up on the scales, look at the weight, and be gone before they know I was there. Id like to weigh the GMC too but I could not be as fast and would have to go in and ask.
Teri is working on baby shower stuff. Tomorrow there is a shower for our daughter and daughter in law. Both are expecting their 4th child in October. Nothing like more grandkids running around here. I often wish we could have had the grandkids without having to raise their parents. Don't worry, our kids do not read the blog.
It is Friday again. I promise to stay off the roads so you working folks can travel. Enjoy your days off.
Dan

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Blogger carl s said...

I don't know Dan. I work and drive around town all week and I prefer to stay at home on weekends as much as I can. As far as I'm concerned, you retired folks can have the roads on weekends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home