Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alabama Bound

Oh yea, we took off Tuesday for Alabama. Teri is behind that sign looking for the cache. Seems she had a problem so I joined in.

And there it was. Hiding right in those bushes.

Look what we passed just inside Alabama. Was a clean looker.

As always, we hit a local graveyard here in Hamilton.

I thought we were in Mobile when I saw this, ha.Old trucks we saw as we drove into Hamilton. My dad was born down here  in Alabama. When he was about 7 my grandparents moved to Missouri where the cotton fields were much whiter.

Geocaching downtown Hamilton, right at the main intersection.

Inside the hole of this light pole I located what Teri could not find. she had to have a stick to push the cache out the other side.

Oh, this was a neat place. As you can see we are at the end of the road. this is on the Buttahatchee River. My dad used to swim here as a child. Have heard lots of stories about this river.

Here comes Teri down to the river.

She found this one under the steps to the river.


A very neat place that we would never have seen if not for geocaching. It is right close to my grandfather's first cousin's place. We will stop and see him tomorrow.
Life is good in Alabama. took my grandparents a couple of days to move the 300 miles. Had to ride a ferry across the river. Now we have a big bridge and 4 lanes all the way here. Easy 5 hour trip in the car. We try to come here as often as we can. Now we are at my cousin's house. She and her husband took us to Florence today. Might post those pictures tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good fourth. Seems that is this coming weekend.
Catch you later.
Dan

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Awesome. You should have gone swimming like your dad did.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home