Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

While I have never lived here, my dad and both sets of my grandparents came from Alabama. My father was born in a rural area between Hackleburg and Hamilton, where Teri and I are visiting now.
the Palace is a drugstore type resturant in Tuscumbia. The carved Indian is in a very well kept park down the street from the Palace.

The waterfall is in the park also. This is a very well kept park with a lot of private money used to help get it to looking like it does now.

The white house is the home of Helen Keller.An old train depot. This used to be the halfway point between Memphis and Chatanooga.

Here is where my grandfather's 1st cousin and his wife live.

His barn.Our cousin's house is behind the foilage. Right on the hiway but can not be seen. the house was his father's and I suspect it was built nearly 100 years ago.

A friend of my cousin lives here. She has such a nice place. The inside is like the outside, with plants. Gives a feeling of being out when you are in.

Look close for the bee.

Two of my favorite ladies had their toenails done up today. A couple of months back I paid 35 bux to get Teri's done. Today, they paid 8 bux each. Quite a difference in price.
HAmilton, Al. is a nice place to visit. I love coming here for a few days. It kinda connects me back to my dad and grandparents, knowing they were here many years ago. My cousin moved down here from Dexter about 4 years ago. Her mother and father were raised here also and we both have lots of relatives in this area.
Well, I need to run out to the grave yard so I will shut this up for now. We are heading home in the morning.
Dan

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Looks like another beautiful part of the good ol' US of A! Thanks for sharing it with us.

 
At July 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Alvin said...

I have enjoyed reading about your travels. Your GMC MH is really nice. Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to your future posts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home