Saturday, October 16, 2010

Malden, Mo. Car Show

It was 42 degrees when I walked out to wash the bug this morning. Did not take me long.

Even though I was not entering my car, it needed to be clean parked at a car show. There was lots of dust from the cotton patch all over it, what I could not blow off on the way home last night.

Malden has a good car show every October. It is in conjunction with a chili cookoff and tractor gathering. That food smelled good but not nearly as good as Teri's chili. This is a shot of my buddy's little T-bird.

What year is this Hawk? Not my color and the headliner was not done by a pro but a good looking body.

I have always loved these little Falcons. With the right engine, they are real rockets. My brother's first car was a 65 2 door hardtop, red. Just loved that car. This one is probably a 62-3.

This big dog came rolling in as I was walking amongst the hotrods.

More hotrods than originals this year. I liked that.


Several pickup trucks entered.

Bondo, and it showed.

Slick little pickup. I don't like the doors but someone had put in some real work on this project.

This is a 65. For some reason he has all 66 stuff on it. I don't know why and did not ask. It looked decent.

A real show stopper.






Like I said, lots of hotrods. All were very well done.

This is the tractor that I learned on when I was 7 years old. We farmed our first 80 acres with one of these. Life was simple back then. 2 row equipment and 80 acres was a full plate for just one little Ford. Brings back lots of memories.
That's the car show. Getting ready for the fish fry at 6. Teri has been cooking chili here in the house all week. It sure smells good. We have company flying in from Los Angeles Friday. I think the chili is for them. I have not even had a sample.
Have a great Saturday. The weather in Southeast Mo. is perfect.
Dan

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think this one is very nice and wonderful car models.I like this car show and also all different car models.

New Malden car

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home