Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Boys

Three of these are brothers, guess which ones. Three of them are twins. One twin is missing, the prettiest one, our little Katie. Anyway what do the looks tell you about the them? The two identicals are about like their dad, always thinking about what they can get into. They look like their dad. He is getting paid back for what he put our dad through. I like it. Theses twins are 1 year and 4 days apart. The boy on the left is a friend of the brothers, all racing today in the pinewood derby at Monroe, La. I can't wait to get there next month and hear about the races they were in and look at the cars they built. The father of these boys is almost 18 years younger than me so he was raised along with our son, his nephew. Now, our son is about 3 years younger but he was mentally superior to my brother and kept them from ending up in jail a few times. I know this to be true. Our dad was older and seemed to believe about anything my brother could come up with. What happened to dad? He was not like that when he raised me. There were no questions. I had no right to tell my side of the story. It was just a belt and off to my room. Funny how time changes us. Later in life, dad would call to let me know what tragedy had befallen my little brother and how he was a victim. I could not keep a straight face. "Dad, the kid is lying". Oh, it was funny.
So, my buddy John takes his grandson home with him in his Porsche. Later the kid's mom asks, "how was your ride with grandpa?" "Great mom, we saw 7 idiots". That could have been me but I have learned my lesson. Soon my grandkids will all be old enough to keep their mouths shut.
Picking Teri up in Benson today. I can't wait. We have been apart since Wednesday morning. Too long. Guess I better tidy up the coach a bit before I take off to meet her.
Have a great weekend. Life is short. Smile when folks pull out in front of you on the streets and cause you to lock up your brakes. Just be thankful you have good brakes.
Dan

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Y'know, I don't think anyone can build an engine as good as the factory...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home