Thursday, February 24, 2011

GMC Motorhome Engine Rebuild

Just wanted to share a few pictures with you. John is busy assembling our engine for the GMC.


Everything gets cleaned and then cleaned again.

I don't think I will be placing a magnet inside my oil filter anymore. I was sold this magnet by a guy at one of our tech gatherings. Funny thing is there are not too many metals that will stick to it inside the engine. Unless, it is shavings from magnetic material. Bearing material is not going to stick. Anyway, I pulled it out and it just fell apart, right in the middle. I could see where a small piece of the magnet had come loose from the main magnet. Had a chip out of it. That is where it broke when I set it down on the kitchen counter. Not good in my book. Could be "snake oil".

Everything is painted after being cleaned.

My old water pump had a lot of miles on it. I went to talk with John about that. He already had a better pump that will pump more fluid than my old one. He said the bearing in the old one was going out. John checks everything. I like that.

The valves in the head again with new, better, locks.

I like this trick with the seal. Also, this is a 460 Ford rear seal. John was not happy with the seals in the gasket kit so he called around for better ones.
Just wanted to keep you updated. There will be more pictures coming soon.
Dan

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dan....just out of curosity, when you acquired the GMC originally did you rebuild the engine then along with all the other work you did?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home