Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GMC Motorhome

Check out our newest HotWheels. I forgot to mention that when we got to Debbie and Ken's that she had picked this up for me. Very thoughtful. I like how folks try to take our minds off of why we are hanging around Tucson.
Tomorrow morning there is a big parade in South Tucson. Our oldest granddaughter Kelsey, who is 14, will be riding her horse in the parade. Teri and I can't wait to get up early and get down there. A good friend has us seats at the grandstand. We were there last year but had to stand up.

The crank is back. Here lies the heart of our engine. John had it cleaned up in a local machine shop and we are putting things back together.

Jim K, at Applied GMC, overnighted us some parts. Here is the heavier intake gasket set that will not slip when we glue it to the heads. Our old set had slipped on one side and we were sucking oil into two cylendars. I am excited.

Here is the new oil cooler that Jim sent. We could have the  radiator cooler professionally cleaned but with this new one we know there will be no debris in the oiling system. I still do not know why the engine died but I do want to eliminate any possibility of dirt in this one. Someday, maybe I can afford a new alumin radiator so we can remove this cooler. We actually had two coolers on the old engine. Maybe this one will be enough to keep the oil cool. Might add an engine oil temperature gauge to my array on the dash, when we get back home.
Wow, I miss my old Vdub. Can't wait to get home and fire that thing up for a ride around town. Will grab as many grandkids as I can fit in it and hit the streets. I check into a Vdub forum back in Mo. pretty regular so I know it is still cold back there. But, soon it will be warmed up and the leaves will be popping. Our grandson, Colsyn, is going with grandpa to the Vdub Fest in Effingham the first weekend in June. He and I will have a blast alone in the coach towing the bug.
We slept in today. Was a good restful day for Teri and me. Tomorrow and Friday will be busy so I am glad we had a slow one today.
Thanks for peeking in on us.
Dan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home