Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bernie Car Show

Colsyn and I rolled early this morning. He called me at 830 and was ready to go. I was just getting out of the shower. He and I make this show nearly every year. I have a picture of Colsyn and me when he was one year old, us at this show.

Lots of trucks this year. These three Chevys lined up together.

I have seen this kid before. V-8 and fancy doors.

Another mid 50's Chevy 1/2 ton. Very popular around here.

Woops, how did the Ford sneak in?

Even had a dirt tracker brave the threat of rain. Many of the "trailer queens" never showed. I am not much at looking at cars that can't be driven anyway, waste of good money.

Wow, slipped off the road during the rain I guess. Sure dented it up.

And then it came. Colsyn and I were lucky. We sat in the coach and watched some Nascar qualifying while the rain was with us. After 45 minutes the storm was over and back out we went.

This was a really nice 55. It came with factory air. Has a Vintage system in it now but using the factory vents. The guy hails from Jonesboro, Ar. and did not let a few clouds scare him.

Another Jonesboro guy.

This was some truck. It came over from Sikeston and had been in the Hotrod Power Tour this year. Teri and I rode in that tour last year with the GMC and the bug.

After the rain one of my school buddies brought his 64 Mopar out.
The crowd was small but the cars were quality, mostly daily drivers.
Colsyn and I took the coach up to the camp where I will "rough it" this week.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.
Dan

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Thanks for the pics! Happy Father's Day to you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home