Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bootheel Youth Camp

It was Pee Wee camp for the weekend. The little tikes got to come for 2 nights. Our son in law Chris Was the director for the week.

Fun for all. That's our grandson Rylan.

Guess what the theme was for the weekend. Yep, David and Goliath.

Here are the kids playing David. they are facing Goliath.

Our grandson, Tyler, was camper of the weekend. He almost learned to swim.

More fun.

These little suckers are all over Mo. They can sing a tune. Folks up around St. Louis are cooking them and adding them to their ice cream. Not me, I am not John the Baptist.

Oh man, I love these led lights. The one I have in the outside light is bright.

Smores Saturday night. Seems one of my grandsons got several because he kept telling his mom he was cooking them for grandpa. I never got one from that boy.

Rylan taking a break in our GMC.

Oh yea, grandpa is not going to rough it at camp. This camp was opened in 1968 and I was there. I have done all of the roughing it that I plan to do in this lifetime. The GMC makes a perfect "cabin" for grandpa. Notice the dish is raised. I can assure you the air conditioner was on also.

the kids are just itching to knock Goliath down with those slings. I know Chris was glad that we held them back. Would have been a long fall strapped to those painter's stilts.
There you have it. The GMC is great for short trips. The camp is up in the woods about 15 miles north of our home. Teri and I will be home til Saturday when we take the coach back to camp. We will do a week there next.
Hope yall had as good a weekend as we did.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home