Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Computer Geeks on The Phone

Some pictures for my GMC friends. This morning I installed this air dam to get more air up and through the aluminum radiator. We have never had a heat problem but with these kind of temperatures I figured this might be a good add on. Most all new vehichles have some kind of scoop down there to get air up through the radiator.

I had to remove the radiator gaurd and drill three holes to munt this thing. It was a real juggling act for me to get both of these back on here by myself.

Here you can see that the gaurd has to go between the new scoop and the radiator frame. It was tricky but I got it done without call for Teri to come out. Maybe an hour to do this. Did not realize how hot it was til I reached for a 7/16 wrench that had been sitting in the sun. Burned my fingers. When I finished and came in, about noon, I realized that I had nearly gotten too hot. I am hoping I don't need to straddle a dead armadillo with this thing hanging down here. If I do, something is going to give. I hope it is the dead armadillo. Wednesday I will have Teri watch to make sure I can get into our driveway with this hanging down. May have to trim it a little. I have big rubber "flaps" on the sides of the radiator, in the grille. That should move a lot more air through the radiator and hopfully keep the fan clutch from running too much.
We are putting on some brake pads Wednesday. Teri is helping me and we will rise and shine much earlier. Or, I should say I will. Teri gets up early anyway. Hope we can get this done before the heat gets too bad.
Some computer geeks just have no personality at all. That bothers me. Some are very good and can talk with normal human beings. My Dell netbook has some issures. I have an extended warranty from Sam's Club. Teri called to see about getting it returned for repair this afternoon. All of a sudden she gave me the phone as she was getting upset. After letting the girl basically talk with me like I was a second grade drop out who had an iq of a moron, I got my fill and told her I planned to return the dog gone thing no matter what she said. On hold I went. Teri took the phone and waited for her to come back. She was sending a return number and a pickup tag, "as a courtesy". Oh boy. Teri hung up before I could get my hands back on the phone.
I never file any kind of complaints but I will this time if I can find out where to put it. There is no reason for people to treat others like that. I never talked with criminals the way she did me. Well, maybe if I was forced into it. But, that just should not happen. I like Dell Computers and I like Sam's Club. I am not happy with Michelle.
Life is good and I hope you are in a cool place somewhere. We are trying to get the GMC ready to roll in less than 2 weeks. Got two new tires installed yesterday.
Dan

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2011 at 7:39 PM , Blogger carl s said...

It's nice and cool in Flagstaff today. Rained on and off all day. "Life is good in a GMC Motorhome"!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home