Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rolling Right Along

Whew, been busy the last couple of weeks. And, it has been hot. Had grandkids around here a good bit. Just took one home tonight after church. Had to rest up over the weekend after a week at camp. We will  be taking the GMC back to camp in 2 weeks for Teri to stay in as she helps teach at the last session for the summer. We enjoy camp. I was a kid when it was being built in the late 60's and got to help my dad and others get it up and running. The first year it was open was 1968, I was there as a camper. No roof on the kitchen and no floors in the showers. Certainly we had no hot water. Did not take this 13 year old long to get a shower.
I sit here in the evenings watching the news thinking how I have been there. Almost every place in the USA they show we have been to in the GMC. Not so long ago 500 miles in any direction was a long way away. I often wondered how it would be to travel to the places I see on tv. Now I can say that I have been there, in the GMC. That motorhome takes us places that we would never have gone to before. I hate motels so I want to be home every night. Now I can be because I take my bed with me.
The first week in August Teri and I have our next long trip planned. We are heading to Madison, Wisconsin. I have only been in that state once and it was to the Harley factory in Milwaukee. I am thinking we may just meander up the Mississippi river. We have been from the Gulf to St. Louis but not north of there. This will give us a few days to see new places, like Mark Twain's place. Not sure but thinking about that now. Will know when it gets closer to departure time. The only drawback is getting around St. Louis. I would rather drive around any city as St. Louis. Maybe we can hit it during night time hours so the traffic is not too bad.
Been busy doing warranty work on flat screen tvs. This has been a great part time job for me. Normally quick and easy and the pay is great.
Have a good week. Will have some pictures next time.
Dan

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger the world around us said...

Hi, Dan;
I used to have your email address but do to computer failure in the past I don't have it anymore. I wanted to talk to you about your tv repair ventures. Please email me direct.
wilf.blakey@gmail.com

Wilf Blakey
Kirkland Lake,Ontario

 
At June 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger the world around us said...

Dan
Please email me direct as I would like to talk to you about your tv repair ventures.
Wilf Blakey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home