Monday, July 14, 2008

Florence, Oregon

We left Rosemary and Jerry this morning. I was sad to leave. Jerry is a very good friend of mine. We visit very often on line. It was so good to spend a couple days with him. Teri loves visiting with Rosemary as they both share a green thumb. We hope to see them again before too much time goes by.
I love these old bridges out here. I love them more once we get across them. Look in the background and see the one just north of Coos Bay. I watched a show on the building of these bridges back in the winter. A fella designed most all of them to hook the coastline together. Before, there were a lot of ferries across these inlets and rivers.

We passed a GMC for sale today. It looks very nice and well kept. Was sitting on 101 in Reedsport. Too much traffic to stop. There are 3 or 4 for sale here in Florence. Gene and I looked at two today just going down fast sitting on lots. Too bad. I hate to see GMC coaches just sitting and going into disrepair.



We traveled down town tonite and toured Old Town. We had great tour guides.

We had this bridge, on 101, as a backdrop tonight as we ate at a nice resturant in Old Town Florence.




This was the only way I could get all 4 of us in the picture, look close.



Our gracious hosts for the evening. We had a great time. The ladies split off from us and we all met for supper, which Gene bought. I had salmon salad, yum yum. I love salmon. Lots of good visiting. We are enjoying our night here. The Fishers, Gene and Melissa, are great folks. GMC owners are the greatest. I am glad Gene invited us to stop by. They had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies waitng on us when we arrived. Oh boy. I think there were 3 left when we left the house tonight and came out to the coach.
As you can see, Teri and I are having the time of our life traveling in the coach. We are so blessed to have such great friends who enjoy our company, or are at least good actors. We appreciate everyone of you guys. Thanks for helping Teri and I make such great memories. We will remember our times here for the rest of our lives. We hope so much that yall will come and visit us in Missouri sometime.
Come on back tomorrow. We plan to visit more with Gene and Melissa before we leave in the afternoon to travel on up to Tillamook. Looks like about 115 miles. We should grab some good photos on our way up the coast. Please ride along with us.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home