Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Favorite Campground

Melissa and Gene have some of the neatest stuff. Teri and I could hang around with them for several days, just listening to them talk and show us stuff. Look at this chair.



Now, look at it. I think this is Teri's next project. Isn't that neat? It is one of those "must have" items. They have 2 of them and Melissa did her best to make Teri take one home with us. I have no doubt that Teri can make this. They even have a coo coo clock just like the one I have that was inherited from my dad. I could not believe it, made in Germany and everything. They have some very neat vehicles too. Teri and I hung around there as long as we could this afternoon. We hated to leave there and hope that we can visit again soon. As I have said many times, Teri and I count our wealth by the friends we have. We are extremely wealthy.


Here are some of the shots that Teri snapped as we traveled up the coast this afternoon. Was just a perfect day for travel. I think most summer days here are this way. There is a lighthouse peaking around there in the back of that house.




Look at all of these boats. Some "well off" folks around here.


As I have stated, I love these old bridges on 101. I hope that all of you can see this area first hand someday. This is our second year in a row. We count ourselves very fortunate.












Oh yea, the same machine that gave me money last year is still handing out dimes for these crazy coke bottles. I can not believe it. I should start picking these things up along side the road like we used to do glass coke bottles when I was a kid. Wish we had machines like this in Mo. Teri and I give our bottles to recyclers for free back home.






We stocked up at the last Walmart along 101 before we got here. 65 miles south of where we are parked now. No Walmarts anywhere close to here. That is one dirty car behind that nice looking motorhome. Glad I had my pants pulled up when Teri took this shot.















































And, here we are. The Tillamook Airport RV Park. We love it here. Nice and quiet. We saw the same herd of 80 plus elk when we pulled in. Will get photos of them. Look like a herd of cattle out there. Our fulltime friends, Gordon and Sylvia, were here to welcome us. They are such good friends. We met them here last year and they just can not "shake" us. Our 4th visit in a year. Gordon can do anything. He is like Gene, give them an idea and it can happen. Oh, thanks Gene for helping me get that computer stand mounted. It made Teri's trip much nicer. She was on the internet all the way up here today. It worked great.
Well, that was our ride for today. Left Gene and Melissa's about 2 pm and arrived here about 630 pm. We stopped 3 times and just took our time. We drove 50 mph. 101 is a great hiway for 50 mph. I pulled off several times today as the traffic behind us was pretty heavy. I hate holding folks up. One guy on his scooter did not think I pulled over quick enough for him. He gave me a nice wave as he passed. Must have been missing 4 fingers on his hand as I only saw one, ha.
You guys are the greatest. We enjoy you riding with us and appreciate the emails. Send them on. We have broadband internet here in this park and the cell phone works great.
Until tomorrow, adios,
Dan









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home