Sunday, May 31, 2009

Windows Vista, What a Drag

I am back on the west side of the Big Mighty Muddy. What a weekend. Great folks and great food.
Vista has stopped me from uploading pictures to my site. Had to get a program to resize the photos and install on the old Dell. I have no idea why Vista came along. I have had several little headaches with it on the new laptop.
The tracker quit working when I started the engine this morning at 7 am. I finally saw it was not working. Stopped and reprogrammed one of the others just north of Louisville. Seemed to track pretty good until I got 10 miles from home. Then, it hung me out to dry on hiway 60. A few pictures from the trip. Here I am climbing up onto the old bridge across the Ohio River at Cairo. Was a perfect day for a drive across Ky.
Oh yea, was right in front of the raceway. It is between Louisville and Cincinnati.

Just had to stop and look the place over.


There is a race here in 2 weeks. When I watch it I can say that I have been there. Nationwide only. Sprint Cup does practice here but no sanctioned race.



No traffic all day. Then, I roll into Cincinnati at 4 pm. Dead stop after I crossed the river.








Oh yea, I had to find the first exit into Cincinnati, downtown ghetto. This was not a good feeling. Oh well, I stopped for a splash n go and got myself back on the road quick.






The couple on the left hosted us for the weekend. Nancy and Jim Miller, in Hamilton, Oh. What a great couple. They treated me like I was family. I just can not say enough good things about them. On the right is my friend Bob. He was my hotel for the weekend. He lives nearby and brought his GMC over so that Ken Burton and myself would not have to sleep in our vehicles. What a friend. Thanks again Bob.







The best junkyard I have ever seen. 13 acres on concrete.








Look at all of these treasures.









2 nice buckets for the bug. 50 bux for the pair. What a bargain.










The donor car.












This was my delivery van. The owner gave it to me to go pick up the seats, after Ken and I had pulled them. 3 flats. Owner smiled and said "speed contol". It beat carrying them an 1/8 mile to the office on my back.










I am telling you that if you get to Cincinnati and need a junk yard, this is the place. Thanks Ken, for taking me over there. These seats are very nice and will look great in the bug.


I am tired. Did the back roads out of Hamilton this morning. Very scenic but no speed til I got off 50 onto I-65, north of Louisville. Interstate the rest of the way home. Was 50 miles farther but I wanted to see southern Indiana, and I did.
Hope everyone has a great week. I plan to rest up a little tomorrow then get with my projects around here. I enjoyed your company on the ride.
Dan













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home