Thursday, June 11, 2009

GMC Motorhome Owners, What did You Do To Your Coach Today?

I can tell you that I feel like a professional sewer rat after today's chore. 2 years ago we were in Az. for the winter. Twice the temperature dropped to 12 degrees. When that happened our sewer valve and maserator froze up. When the temperatures rose I got it working again but had a leak, just a little. Tinkered with it and got it to stop. Later, in Septemeber of that year, the rod pulled out of the gate when I hit the 12 volt switch. This gate is electric. I pryed it open and all was ok, for a while. When we got home, this Spring, I decided it was time to fix the stuck open gate. I could see it had a drip again. Pulled everything out and put different rubber seals in. Even put pictures up on the blog. Off we go for a 2 week trip. When we get home I see it leaking again. Today was the day. I can not stand something not working properly on the motorhome.
No pictures today. I spent 4 hours out there under that coach. Took the gate down and worked with the rubbers and put it back. Still leaked. I am no dummy, went to get a new gate. Got there and found out there are 2 different 3 inch gates. I bought both, intending to bring one back. I installed the new one that looked like the old one. Leaked. Took it down 3 times, leaked every time. Grabbed the other new one and tore it out of the package. This must be the one. Installed it, poured water. Got if off and saw where I had bumped one of the rubber gaskets and it did not seal. Fixed that, put the bolts back in, for the 50th time. Wham, no leak. Alright. I am good. Took me 4 hours to do a 30 minute job but I became a real plumber today.
If you are an rv owner and need a plumber, call me. I work for 50 bux an hour with 4 hour minimum charge.
Thanks for the help. Off to church camp Sunday, with no leak.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home