Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thinking Green

When I take a tree out, I always plant at least one. I will plant another one when I get rid of the rest of this stump and the trunk. Want it pretty close to where this old Maple was. Who needs a pickup truck when you own a Vibe GT? We carried the Oak tree home from Lowes', 25 miles, just like this.
The little Oak is over 10 feet tall. Teri was not sure how we would get it home. I knew it would fit after we folded the passenger's seat forward.


The neighbor's dog saw Teri with the camera and came running.


There it is. With lots of Miracle Grow I will get this tree up and shading the back yard with in a couple of years. I hate Maple trees. Oh, I like the looks and the fast growing but they are soft and seem to always rot. Also, their roots are bad about seeking their way into sewer lines. I had to have our lines cleaned because of the tree that we took down. The line runs very close to where it was.


We got lots of stuff done outside this weekend. Yesterday I got the new rubber mouldings glued on the vdub doors. Now to ruff them up a little and paint the inside. Will then put the new door panels on. Will look and sound much better with those door panels on.
We hung a new ham radio antenna yesterday also. The ice storm took them down back in February. The grass is freshly cut and we got rid of all of the tree tops from the Maple we took down. I was outside last night at midnight stoking the coals. As you can see in the first picture everything is gone but a little bit of stump and the trunk, which both are still smoldering. I hate burning anything but we cut the tree tops up into 3 foot pieces and let them sit for over a week. Really burned good. Now to get the grass back around that stump.
Well, I guess thats about it from the Gregg home. Oh, got a call from our grandson, 5 years old. He was chosen camper of the week at church camp. He is a dandy.
Stay up with us this week, if you can. Got lots of stuff planned.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home