Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Working on the Bug

Here is what the inside of the doors looked like. I painted them and added a vapor barrier. Then, I installed the new door panels. I think they look a lot better now. Quietened the ride also. Now, I can keep my heat inside the car this winter.

Had to readjust the doors after putting on the new seals. They would not shut without slamming them. Close pretty good now. So, just plugging along on this little ride. Cheap transportation.
Next I plan to see about installing the 2 new seats. I am sure I will need to find someone with a welder to make the brackets fit. That will really improve things. These old cloth buckets are worn pretty good and sit too low. Will raise the new ones up some for a more comfortable ride.
The carpet and headliner remain to be done. The carpet won't be bad but good quality carpet is expensive. The headliner is relatively inexpensive but a real chore to install. I found a local guy that will do it for 200 bux labor. I may go that route. Get the windows tinted and I will be a cool cat.
Thanks for stoppng by. It has been too hot to do much after lunch, outside. Been getting up early and doing my outside jobs. Hope everyone is having a great week.
Dan


6 Comments:

At June 10, 2009 at 5:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I guess you got the door hinge pin out, I missed when that finally happened.
Garry

 
At June 10, 2009 at 6:31 AM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

No, Garry. The pin is still in there. I wanted to get the door on so gave up on it for now. Just keep soaking it in PB Blaster every time I think about it. No one around here wants to tackle it so, I will get it. Not giving up. I want that passenger mirror.
Dan

 
At June 10, 2009 at 12:29 PM , Blogger carl s said...

It's looking good, Dan. It will be worth all the work to have such a classy and light weight towd.
Carl

 
At June 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

You know Carl, I got this thing for cheap transportation. I have spent a ton on it but it is very cheap to operate. I was putting 10 gallons in my Jeep every 5 or 6 days. I can go nearly a month on ten gallons in this thing. It has grown on me too. I like it. I get more looks in it than I do in my Mustang. One of these days I will paint it.
Dan

 
At June 10, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Blogger carl s said...

I like it too! if I could find a good deal on one with an automatic, so Kathy could drive it, I'd be tempted to pick one up. I'm sure it's very economical and so light, you don't put too much strain on the motor home towing it.

 
At June 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Carl, take Kathy out into the desert and teach her to drive a stick. That is pretty much what I did when we got the Vibe GT. Took Teri no time to get with it.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home