Friday, June 12, 2009

The GMC is Ready to Roll

I could hear the coach talking to me this morning as we cruised through town. I had it all washed, vacuumed, batteries topped off, and off to town we went, for fuel. One happy coach. It has been 3 weeks since it brought us home from our last trip. I could tell, yesterday, that it knew we were fixing to take a trip. Even though it is only a few miles to our destination, I will be living in the coach all next week. We rode around town just checking things out. No noises, it is ready. There will need to be 4 new tires put on before we take a long trip. 4 of the tires are showing some cracking in the sidewalls and we do not like that. Treadwise they look new but the sidewalls are what hold us up. 5 years, 6 max, is all I will run tires. Plus, these have sat in the Arizona sun for several hot weeks over the last two years.
Was nice to have my friend, Rick, spot us at the filling station and pull in to visit. He is a blog reader so he knew the coach, even though he may not have ever seen it in person before. Still need to throw a few clothes in and some grub in the refer. Will turn it on tomorrow so it can get cold. Will stick the satellite receiver and internet card in after I get a nap. Worked myself too much this morning so its break time. Retirement is rough.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home