Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Monday

Normally Monday is one of my favorite days of the week. Today, I just could not get going. We just crammed too much in yesterday. By 3 pm today I was done, knocked off for the day and in the shower. Tuesday will be good. Glad the insurance guy did not call today, I might have said something I would have regretted.
Here is where we started this morning. Double Roller, just like my old engine had.
Miguel makes me work to pay our rent here.


We have been here over a week so hoping what little I do will take care of the rent.



This is the man with the plan.



Harry stopped by again to check on us.






There is one of these sitting in our house. Picked it up from Jim in Pueblo. Jim sent this one and will let us give him our's in Montgomery.





Miguel spinning the oil pump. Every day we are more appreciative of the work Miguel does for us. He checks everything.







Oil pressure.









Oiling like it should.










Just can not figure out why folks cry about putting this vent in their tranny. Was not a problem. Snapped the old one out and popped this one in. Nothing to it. All GMC coaches need this in the transmission to save a possible fire. Of course I jest as Ihad the transmission out and on a stand. Most GMCers do this with it in the coach. A real headache job.
Yes, Miguel checks and rechecks everything on this engine. I really appreciate that.
Do not want any problems when we leave here. First thing in the morning we will run the engine for 20 minutes, or so, on the test stand. Maybe we can get the transmission gasket fixed. Miguel might trust me to work on that while he and Ryan do the engine "run in".
We feel so at home here. Miguel is a super guy that does super work. Ryan is a good help here. I told him how fortunate he is to work along side his dad. Those two really get along great.
We are heading out for the evening. Hope everyone had a good Monday. Come on back Tuesday and we will show you just what takes place.
Dan








1 Comments:

At February 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Lookin' good Dan.

You guys are making some real progress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home