Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Progressive Motorhome Insurance

We received a call from Progressive Insurance this morning. A very nice lady, Vickie, told me that since we had a unique drivetrain in our GMC coach that they are paying the tow bill here to MGM GMC. She said a check for 1086.00 was put in the mail today. That is a good thing, very good thing as we are needing a transmission. So, all is good.
Our friend Reuben came by this morning. He took us downtown LA. Then we went other places. Here are a few shots.



If you blow up this photo you can see the HOLLYWOOD letters on the hill behind us. Right in the center of the picture. Just a tad left and lower than the black spot.



Oscars, that is what we were told. This is where they give them out. My beautiful best friend stands right where the stars gather as they go inside.




I did not see the art here but I guess I am just not an artsie guy.




Teri and Reuben were walking ahead of me. A guy pulls up in a delivery van. He asks me if I know where Hope street is. I shrugged and stretched my arms out with my palms up. " I am not from around here". The guy started laughing as he drove off. Wonder what he found so funny?







The Pacific Ocean. Reuben took us to Malibu and over to Pepperdine campus.

















A very pretty campus.









My buddy Reuben and me standing out in front of Pepperdine. He is a great guy to give up his day for Teri and me. We could not have paid for a better tour of the things that we wanted to see. I did want to see Fox News 11 but we never found the building. I watch that news every night back home before I go to bed.




















Ok, yesterday's car was a 64 Comet. Can you tell me what year this is?











My grandpa used to own one of these. What year is it? Most of you will know the make.



Wow, what a day. Teri and I are so fortunate to have so many great friends. Reuben took us sight seeing today. Miguel is working with Manny and Jim K. to get us back on the road. By the way, new transmission is going in the coach. Our's is too worn to waste our time putting it back in with a new chain. MAnny and Miguel got together this morning and it is best. Jim K. is sending a transmission from Manny and it should be here tomorrow. No one has better friends than Teri and I do. The tow bill is being paid. Thanks for all of your prayers, they are working. Plus, we are having the time of our life out here. I hope each and every one of you can visit this area sometime. It gets a bad rap from the news. Much more positive things here than negative. I could see myself spending more time here. Teri and I are talking about a yearly journey out here.
Thanks for checking on us again. We are just fine.
Dan













1 Comments:

At February 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

We got several responses to yesterday's car. Many were personal emails. That car is a 64 Mercury Comet. Its a Caliente, not the Cyclone. I checked everything out today. Some guy wants that straight front axle, so he is getting it. The body shop next door builds what folks pay for.
Thanks for the emails and comments.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home