Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Running Engine

I just wanted yall to see some of the vehicles around here. When is the last time you have seen a 59 convertible?
Complete rebuild.



67 or 68



I will give you a 2 year window on this one. Tell me what year and what vehicle.


Miguel getting it ready this morning.






HAve you looked at your transmission chain lately? I have.






Oh man, this is some place. Look at Miguel tearing up the pizza sent to us for lunch. Neal Martin, the owner of the coach we shoved off the rack to get our's on, sent this lunch for us. Neil is a great guy who can take a joke. Thanks for lunch Neal. We really enjoyed it. Neal has the new limited slip from Jim Kanomata.

Jerry from Alaska just rolled in. He is also interested in Jim's limited slip.




After lunch and back to work.









This thing sounds great. Miguel ran it on the test stand for about 30 minutes. Fired right up and ran like a champ. I am hoping to get 130 thousand miles from this one.









The tach on the test stand.









Oil pressure.












Setting the timing.










Holding the light while Miguel runs the carb and adjusts the timing.














Our good friend Fin came by. What a smile he has. I have never seen Fin not smiling. Just love this guy. He gave me the secrets to winning the pinewood derby, along with some fancy material to use.


Well, what do you think? You saw the engine fired up here. It sounds great to me. Tearing it down now so we can get it in the coach tomorrow along with the transmission. The rear pan on the tranny was leaking. I hate leaks. We are putting a new gasket on it and servicing the thing. Hope it runs for another 20 years. It was rebuilt and installed in our coach in Oct. 90. That is almost 20 years. Manny says if it works dont mess with it. We are taking his advice.
Thanks for coming by. Tomorrow will be another great day.
Dan














3 Comments:

At February 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Wally and Sue said...

Looking good! You went to the right place.

 
At February 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Very cool! I think your expectations are low. I bet you get a lot more than 130,000 miles out of that new engine.

 
At February 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been enjoying your blog for several months. Can't believe nobody has tried to ID the 1964 Comet. It might be a Cyclone, but I'm thinking odds are it's a Caliente. (I've owned more than one of each.) Looks like you're being well taken care of. Hope you're back on the road safe and soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home