Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sex Offenders In The News

I watch the Los Angeles news nightly on our directv. Last week a convicted sex offender killed a young lady. This is sickening. The guy should never have been released from prison. Our criminal justice system needs a major overhaul. The main reason I retired. I was sick of what goes on.
First, we need the laws written to fit the crimes. Our legislators have no clue. Listen to this. If a 17 year old boy is convicted of having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend, he is lumped into a system with pedophiles and rapists. There are no distinction between these people in Missouri. Like I said, our legislators have no buisness writing laws that have to do with sex offenders as they do not understand the behaviors.
A pedophile can not be cured. End of discussion. They should never be released from prison. Pedophiles have chosen a sick life that is repulsive and causes our young folks to be at risk. Their minds function as a homosexual's mind. They like the behavior so why change, they don't. Never will. I have watched many be treated. It does not work. Lock them up. When a pedophile is convicted it is not his first offense. Same with a rapist, never release them. Those two crimes should be capitol offenses just like 1st degree murder, with appropriate punishment.
A 17 year old kid having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend when her mom comes in. This guy is treated exactly the same as those mentioned above. Like I said, we need new lawmakers.
Court systems are also broken. There should be manditory punishments for those convicted of serious crimes. I have physically been sickened to my stomach at some of the plea bargain deals that lawyers come up with and judges go along with. If the judge was held accountable for those repeat offenders they would look at things differently. Normally, in Mo, a judge is in as long as he wants to be. He runs for election every 6 years. The lawyers want the weaker judges to stay in so they go to work for them and make sure they get re elected. Lots of judges let the power go to their head. Recently one that I know of was silently forced to resign because of his own sexual escapades. This lawyer was a good friend of mine, many years ago. Power corrupted the guy.
Those in power in the Mo. Dept. of Corrections are afraid of the elected officials. I have seen this over and over. It got so bad that Parole Officers could not even search an offender's home before I retired. What a joke. We got called on the carpet if we let it slip to the locals that a pedophile might be living in their neighborhood. My best officers would often draw complaints. The convicted felons were always in the right unless I could prove my officer was innocent or had good reason to release information.
When I am at home in Dexter I see a convicted rapist walk one of the main streets everyday. He reports to no one. I can tell anyone I wish now what his problem is as I answer to no more State Supervisors who are afraid of the legislators.
It is just a very sad state of affairs. Courts will fill our prisons with minor drug charges so the pedophiles and rapists get probation. Probation should never be an option, life in prison is a better punishment. It fits the crime. In Mo. a burgular never goes to prison, no room. What a joke.
Oh well, now you know how I feel. I am a conservative when it comes to crime and punishment. Should be no arguments. If convicted they go straight to prison, real sex offenders. If you are ever in trouble for doing something unlawful to a sex offender you need to make sure I am the jury foreman. We won't have any room in prison for you so you will walk, if convicted. which is not likely.
I don't often say much about my personal opinions but I am tired of these convicted sex offenders getting a chance to re offend. We need to stand up and be heard. Vote for people who will promise to change things. The liberals have been mouthy and scared a lot of folks. Now we need to get loud. Its time for us to get our way for a while. I wish those guys that wrote our constitution could see what has happened. They would all be packing heat and shooting some of these folks on the spot.
Oh well. Life is great in the desert during March.
Dan

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM , Blogger newyorker said...

One of the reasons that the tea party has grown so large so fast is honest hard working people have had enough. We're tired of the liberal elite telling us how to lead our lives. We moved too far left and need to get back to our core beliefs. The foundings fathers were very smart. They don't spend enough time teaching American history in school anymore.

 
At March 4, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Blogger carl s said...

AMEN Dan! I couldn't agree more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home